Tuesday, August 31, 2010

" I have a dream - wait let me warn you about yours"

I want to be a: Pastry Chef.
and thats fine.

You want to be a: gardener, lawyer, designer, docter, singer, photographer - thats great! I'm really glad that you know what you want to do and have a passion for it.

That is my attitude. Dont i wish that EVERYONE understood that. I got pretty upset today which doesnt happen on a regular basis. The reason: Yet another person was trying to tell what a hard life I'm going to have, how little money I'm going to earn and how stressed I will be.... I KNOW! I get so angry at this approach, why is it ok when someone wants to be a teacher, but as soon as you want to be a chef - BAM! There are problems with everything and you're immediatly trying to put me off my passion?! I mean for goodness sake-you can have your dream but I can't have mine? How is that fair?

Today my dad told me that this random student teacher, who I've had no contact with wanted to talk to me about how badly her friends are being treated at Silwood and how many nervous breakdowns they're having - she wants to warn me.... Puh-lease. Let me be, its what I love, cant you see that there are pro's and con's to every career - why is everyone constantly telling me that its so HARD and that I can't do it? WHY?????

Please tell me why.

Well here it is, I know all the Con's and bad stuff, yet I STILL WANT TO DO IT. I have a passion for it and am willing to turn to anti-depressants, alcohol and counselling in order to have a career in the industry. I love this just as much as you love whatever you do. Do people really not understand that?

sigh,
Rx.

0 comments: