Monday, August 30, 2010

Baking off the kilojoules

Today I discovered that there is no need for gym - all you need or your daily arm muscle strengthen and tone is to bake some lovely, moist and chocolately choux pastry creations - profiteroles, eclairs or croqueombouches - any will work.

On thursday I have my prac exam or Term 3 and we're making profiteroles, while being tested on tour choux pastry methods. I practsed my choux today and wow- my arm and shoulder havent been worked like that in such a while.

After the work out, they did indeed come out very well and tasted great - only problem was my lack of whipped cream and confectioners custard, therefor it was filled with normal box custard which tends to be a tad bit runny for this kind of presentation but overall the melted cadbury tops were amazing and filled the mouth with gorgeous tasting chocolati-ness. And my dad loved them so I was happy :)

On the baking note, Day 7 of my muffin order for WGHS through my catering business (cupboard love catering) 's  flavour is chocolate muffins with cadbury cashew nut and coconut milk chocolate chunks.... sound great? they looked great ;)

Happy Baking,
Rx.

0 comments: